1 onion, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons olive oil
3/4-pound eggplant, cut into ½” pieces (about 3 cups)
1 small zucchini, scrubbed, chopped into ½” pieces 1 small yellow zucchini squash, scrubbed, chopped into ½” pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped ¾ cup halved, black olives
3/4 pound small ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over moderately low heat, add garlic, onion, and stir until onion becomes translucent.
2. Bump up the heat to med.-high and pour in the remaining olive oil. Add the eggplant and continue to cook for 7-8 minutes until soft.
3. Add zucchini, squash, the bell pepper, and olives stirring occasionally, for about 12 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add oregano, thyme, and coriander. Salt and pepper to taste, and continue cooking for 1 minute. Stir in the basil. The ratatouille may be made 1 day in advance, kept
covered and chilled, and reheated before serving or allowed to come to room temperature, depending on your preparation.
6. Sprinkle with cheese right before serving.