This recipe got its name because it’s kind of like knitting all those small bits of yarn together that are left over at the end of bigger projects. It’s a little of this and a little of that and the end result is delicious and comforting.
Whoever decided to put zucchini into bread is a mad genius as far as I’m concerned! I double the zucchini in this recipe to bump up the nutritional value but also just to get rid the all the zucchini.
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup apple or pear sauce
- rind of one orange
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 standard bread pans or 5 mini ones.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, sugar and spices.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, water, zucchini, lemon juice, apple sauce and orange rind.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir in nuts.
- Bake about 1 hour for standard pans or until tester comes out clean. About 40-45 mins. for mini pans.