In a word, divine. In 6 words? The yummiest farewell to summer ever!
So the end of peach season is upon us. I celebrated by canning Peach Butter, Peach Jam, Sliced Peaches and assembling I Really Love Your Peaches Pies for the freezer. Of course we ate one of the peach pies fresh and it was a thing that summer dreams are made of. Once you’ve made it for yourself and your families you will be declaring, “I really do love your peaches… pie!”
1 pie crust
3 1/2 pounds of fresh ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
1 Tbl. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel.
1/3 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss peaches with sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Make the topping by combining sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resemble course crumbs. Set aside.
- Stir peach mixture and pour into crust.
- Top with crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is brown. Cover with foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
As our 1 year-old would say, “Numma, numma, numma!”