In the last five years I have grown up (although I might actually be 1/4″ shorter), out (little heavier) and in (soul growth… the hardest!) Here are just a few of the insights I hope to raise my little girls with.
- Don’t judge others. This will always come around and bite you in the butt. Always.
- Jealousy is a waste of energy. You never know what someone else’s life is really like.
- If I dislike you on sight, chances are we are destined to become great friends.
- If your underwear is tight, buy a bigger size or lose weight. Feeling bad about yourself is an unnecessary step.
- It is never too late to apologize. 20, 30, 40 years… go for it! Your soul will be lighter for it.
- Like a tomato garden, pluck the suckers out.
- Everything has value to someone.
- You are not what you own. Stuff comes and goes– love and kindness last forever.
- All the crap makes for a more fruitful garden.
- Hard work always pays off.
- If you are going to kill it, eat it. This does not apply to slugs or other irritating garden bugs.
- Don’t buy it if you can grow.
- Buying it new is a waste of money.
- Everyone has a story you can learn from. Listen.
- Weeds that can be turned into wine, coffee and salad greens are not weeds. They are wonders!
- If, on a quiet country night, you are inspired to write a book, write it! Check out Mama Pioneers inspiration. She Sins at Midnight.
- Every single moment of life is a gift. Treat it accordingly.